Tuesday, 17 January 2012

Waltzingmouse Stamps Blog Party!


Hi, I'm so excited to be playing along with the monthly Waltzingmouse Stamps Blog Party today!! There's plenty of time to play - just link up your project on the Waltzingmouse Blog by 4:00pm GMT today - click here to find out more. Hooray - I love Waltzingmouse Stamps!!! The theme this month is "Sweet Things"

emma's choc shortbread tin button & pins

I didn't get a great deal of time to prepare to play this time around, but desperately wanted to share something so thought I would take the opportunity to show you a tin of chocolate shortbread I made for my sister Emma's birthday earlier this month. The shortbread has long since been enjoyed, so only the tin remains!!

Emma's Choc Shortbread tin

I simply covered one of my husbands empty Coffee-Mate tins with pretty patterned paper. I then used a couple of favourite stamp sets on this project and of course, Emma's favourite colour which is the shade of raspberry you see in the picture.

down view shortbread tin

I covered the lid of the tin in pretty raspberry pink felt that I picked up at my local craft shop. I made the pink pins myself by adding random pink beads onto pink pearl headed pins - I love doing this, reminds of when I used to make bracelets and necklaces for myself!! The vintage cream button is from PTI - I had been hoarding it in the old crafty cupboard for far too long!

choc shortbread tin label  close up

The Rescue Remedies stamp set was just perfect for what I wanted and I love how the white embossed image looks against the Raspberry cardstock. I love how Claire's stamps fit so perfectly with the Spellbinders Labels Four Dies. I also cut another backing label using Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 8 dies and dry embossed some polka dots onto it using a Cuttlebug folder. I highlighted some of the dots by dabbing them with some white chalk ink - just to really make them stand out a little more.

and here's a view of the top of the tin...

top of emmas shortbread tin

Once my lid was covered I stamped and embossed the doily image from "Dainty Doilies 2 Small" and cut this out and adhered to the top. All that was left to do was tie it all up with some beautiful silk ribbon and pop a sweet little paper rose on top.

shortbread tin back label

I decided to tie a little label onto the back of the tin with pink button twine. The word "Sweet" is actually from one of the Rescue Remedies labels - stamped in versamark, embossed with white powder and then cut and mounted onto a another white heat embossed "Very Vintage labels 4" Label. I added more of the pretty patterned paper that I used to cover the tin, some pretty cream lace and a mini paper rose. Super easy & mega quick using Claire's versatile stamps and nestabilities :-)

Here's a close-up of those "Sweet Things" - Emma's Chocolate Shortbread...Mmm, Yum!!!

Chocolate Shortbread plate

Nothing really new here, but I enjoyed whipping something up super quick!! If you're interested, the chocolate shortbread recipe is from the Great British Book of Baking which was a BBC "Bake-Off" show. My sister actually gave me the book for my last birthday - I think there may have been an ulterior motive there don't you??!!



Here's the simple recipe for what I'm now calling "Emma's" Chocolate Shortbread :)
(makes 12 chunky pieces)-
260g Plain Flour
100g Caster Sugar (extra for sprinkling)
200g unsalted Butter, chilled & diced
40g Cocoa Powder
a pinch of sea salt (optional)

Method: Combine the flour, caster sugar, cocoa powder and salt in a bowl and then rub in the butter with tips of your fingers until the mixture resembles fine sandy crumbs. Pop it into a greased tin, press into an even layer using the back of a spoon. Using a fork, prick the dough and then bake for 25 mins in a preheated oven at 180C/350F/Gas mark 4.

Now I'm off to see what everyone else is bringing to the party today. Have fun!!

Hugs,
Helen xxx

I also took the opportunity to link into the following challenges:
DYSU 54 - Pink!!
Wild Orchid Challenge - Anything Goes

36 comments:

Jeanne J said...

Helen - DEFINATELY SWEET! Love the rich raspberry color and all the yummy trims - especially the pins. Your shortbread looks AMAZING!!!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Oh Helen! What a fab way to dress up a tin and those treats look scrumptious!! Lovin' all the beautifully embossed white WM images!

Pauline said...

This is stunning Helen! What a gorgeous tin, all pink and pretty! And as for those yummy chocolate shortbreads! YUM YUM! Great stuff! Love the patterned papers too, they're beautiful!

This would fit this week's DYSU challenge too! XX

Lynn Mercurio said...

Wow...this is amazing Helen! Such a lovely package for these delicious treats. Your embossed doilies are fantastic and I love the SWEET little tag. Awesome job.

Renee said...

Love the way you dressed up the tin...
it's gorgeous!
The colors...
the paper...
the pin...
and that label with the doily on top is stunning!
The recipe sounds yummy...
thanks for sharing! :)

Kelly S. said...

YUM! And not just the brownies, either! I love the beautiful floral pattern and your doily topper! The pins are so lovely, Helen! The label looks fantastic embossed in white on that rose cardstock. Such a wonderful girly girl gift that I am sure your sister just loved!

Super Jen said...

The tin is so lovely, it would be gift enough!

JJ Bolton said...

How sweet is that? Your tin is amazing! I'm in love with that color, and that doily couldn't be a better fit for the top. I love the idea of reusing the packaging and transforming it into something beautiful that your sister can keep!

Kary said...

Hi Helen! Your project is Fabulous!! Such a beautiful tin!! Love, Love it!! Thanks for the shortbread recipe, I'm going to try it.

Joyce said...

What a great project. I love the tin, especially the top. How nice that you remembered the top. I'm going to try that recipe, once I get off Weight Watchers!

~ Ali ~ said...

Helen...This is fabulous, love the colours you have chosen.....very pretty indeed.

And as for that chocolate shortbread.....delish!

Thanks for sharing the recipe

Ali x

Sharron said...

Wow--so yummy inside & out! LOVE the raspberry color, the pretty label and all the gorgeous details!

Robin said...

Super sweet and love your attention to deatil!!!
Robin

Kim said...

this is just incredible! The colors and the stamped images are so beautiful.

Karin (PeppermintPatty) said...

This is absolutely AMAZING. I LOVE your tin - your embossing and embellishments are so beautiful!
Have a great day and a great hop, hugs Karin

rudlis said...

This is so gorgeous! I love it. Thanks for visiting my blog and your kind words.

Jan Garber said...

So pretty. Love those WM labels and stamps! Thanks for joining us here at DYSU!

WencheP said...

WOW - this is amazing! Love your project. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Stella said...

I think I see a winner; and I wrote this after I fainted...( no just kidding) But believe me; this is what I call a JAW-ROPPER. Oh my I am drooling!
XX

Deborah Frings said...

Can I have one of these please? It's absolutely fabulous. Love the rich colour, the lovely textures and the shortbread looks delicious. Emma's so lucky to have such a talented sister!! Brilliant project and perfect for the theme!

Trish said...

Wow - what a gorgeous tin! Mind you, the chocolate shortbread looks pretty nice too ;-)
Trish xx

cbuswell said...

Just gorgeous, love all the details!!

Julia Aston said...

Love how you decorated this can Helen! the felt top is so cute - with the wonderful stampings and flowers - a great treat container - and the chocolate shortbread sure looks yummy!!

LaurieJ said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love the vibrant color and that yummy felt. And you stamped the doily perfectly. Thank you for the shortbread recipe - I will definitely have to try those as my DH would enjoy them with his tea.

JOAN said...

Love it!! You did an awesome job. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up. Hugs, Joan

Charmaine Stack said...

This is wonderful, Helen. Very personal and special. I think I like the doily topper the best, but it is all lovely. Oh, and the beaded pins - capital idea!

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

Helen--what a great project! Your tin is just beautiful, and the chocolate shortbread looks so yummy! What a fabulous idea!

Chris L.

Sue Lelli said...

Helen, this tin is just GORGEOUS! LOVE the papers and that raspberry felt! The pins and the doily and the panel stamped on the front are all wonderful! SUPER project!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Oh, I want to eat those cookies!!! Your tin is just beautiful! I wouldn't want to do anything to it, and the cookies would go stale waiting for me... :D

Genevieve said...

Wow! Absolutely beautiful creation :)

Genevieve

Claire Brennan said...

Helen this is just AWESOME, I absolutely loved it...pinned it...hope that's ok!!! Thank you so much for joining our blog party!!

Cammie said...

Helen, this is a stunning project--love the white embossing! It really pops off the raspberry paper. The chocolate shortbread looks yummy, and to be presented in such beautiful packaging makes this one fantastic gift!

MicheyMoo said...

How absolutely darling!! Love the white embossing on the raspberry card stock! Really effective...and the shortbread looks absolutely scrummy!! xxx

Emma Goodson said...

I am such a lucky lady - not only do I have Helen as my wonderful sister, but she also makes me such gorgeous gifts!! I absolutely LOVE this beautiful tin, and the shortbread was just deliciousness-beyond-words!! You're so talented Helen, thank you so much for making me all these lovely things. x x x x

Malin ~ Lillpiga said...

Thanks for joining us at WOC with your wonderful can!

Regards Malin

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful present, you are so creative and I will also try the recipe!
Love Claire x